Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I used to Visit Rap Genius Years Ago, and Forgot About Them. I stumbled on their site on St. Patty's Day!

I am sooooo stoked! Ya'll know I love to write. This site "Genius" formerly known as "Rap Genius" is so perfect. I Created an account there on St. Patty's Day, and had to resist the urge to post something on every Genre. They have evolved so beautifully. Now there is not only a Rap Genius, there is an R&B Genius, Rock Genius, Literary Genius, History Genius, Law Genius, and the list goes on.  Here is a link to the Genius main page! I am used to having the freedom to write what I want , and for as long winded as I desire to be. Unless its a Lyric, this site, is so awesome for me, because I have to write minimally. I would give my self a 5 on the scale of 1-10 thus far, because I didn't get it at 1st, so I just wrote. I annotated on a poem called " A Blessing, by James Wright" , it was my 1st crack at it, in hindsight, its waaaaay tooo  wordy, but its not like the site has its requirements, goals, and goals clearly outlined. Wondering if they have the grace to leave it up there since i'm a newbie, or if they are goin' to slam my shyt. Lol, after a few a annotation on the James Write poem, I created my 1st page. James Wright's  poem "A Blessing", was the cause of horses as an expository vehicle being on my mind. I instantly thought of "Alice Walkers, Am I Blue?" essay. I did a better job at being concise, but again too wordy. I love it! I'm gonna pull my writing reins like a horse, and nail this. Love this site, and i'm delighted about stumbling on it again. Back in the day, I didn't utilize the opportunity to explore it. I'm on it now. You might think this post has absolutely nothing to do with Hip Hop, however Rap Genius is a pioneer! I urge you to read all about them. Below is a link to their page, below that is a link to angie Wize Genius page, please click on pages, for now there is only 1. Please go read Alice Walker's Am I Blue , if you haven't already, and you on here just chillin' and readin', and finally, there is a link to Wikipedia which has much info about Genius, formerly known as Rap Genius, and their controversial history. -Wize

Links
 Genius! (Formerly Rap Genius) Current Landing Page: Kendrick Lamar Pimp a butterfly
Genius angie Wize!
Genius Website Info at Wikipedia

No comments: